Welcome to Open Repositories 2021 day 3! Today’s schedule is available to registered attendees in Sched and publicly in Conftool. Note that all times are in UTC! Today, OR goes truly global with sessions spanning 16 hours and many timezones. Can’t stay up all night, even for OR? Look for recordings in Zenodo soon!
Session links & livestream
As a reminder, all session links are available to registered attendees Sched . Registration is now closed, but sessions are livestreamed via Youtube.
Today there are many highlights! They include: the first Developer Track session (9:00 UTC), Posters Minute Madness (12:00 UTC), the evergreen Repository Rodeo (13:00 UTC) , and a keynote from Dr. Tahu Kukuta and Dr. Stephanie Russo Carroll (22:00 UTC) on Indigenous data.
See today’s full schedule in Sched and Conftool
Missing the camaraderie of the conference experience? While there’s no conference dinner on a boat this year, we have the next best thing – a video networking session via Wonder at 17:00 UTC. This is open to registered attendees only.
Wonder allows you to roam around a virtual room and join/leave conversations much like at a live event. For more on how it works, see the Networking section of the attendee guide.
OR2021 sponsors – 4Science, Atmire, Cayuse, The Library Code, MyScienceWork and Samvera – will be in their dedicated Wonder room areas and we encourage you to have a chat with them. You can also chat with others about the Ideas challenge, catch up with old friends, or make new acquaintances!
Check out more about OR sponsors on Youtube!
Welcome to day 2 of Open Repositories 2021, where we’ll kick off the main programme! Below is important information about accessing conference sessions, livestreams and recordings.
- Registered attendees must log into Sched to access session links!
- If you did not register, see livestream/recording info below (registration is now closed, as we have reached our maximum capacity)
- Registered attendees were sent an invitation to join Sched. Check your inbox (or spam) for an email from email@example.com with subject “You’re Invited To Open Repositories 2021”.
- If you’re having trouble logging into Sched, you can set or reset your password . Use the email address that you used when registering for the conference in Eventbrite.
Livestream & recordings
- Sessions will be livestreamed on YouTube. If you didn’t register for the conference or a session is full when you try to join, check out the livestream!
- The public schedule is at https://www.conftool.net/or2021/sessions.php, so you can see which sessions you might be interested in watching via Youtube or recordings.
- If you can’t make it to a session, recordings will be available on Youtube shortly after each session.
- Recordings and slides from yesterday’s workshops are available now.
For more details, see the attendee guide. If you’re presenting, also see the presenter guide.
The proposal submission deadline for OR2021 has been extended to 8 February 2021!
The original deadline was 25 Jan, so you now have 2 additional weeks to submit your ideas for presentations, panels, posters and workshops. See the 2021 Call for Proposals for complete information about how to submit proposals.
Other key dates for OR2021 are listed here