Several years ago the Open Repositories Steering Committee (ORSC) initiated a fellows program where we offer full scholarships to a handful of applicants after a review process. We had just selected a group of fellows for Open Repositories 2020 in Stellenbosch when the pandemic struck, and we had to pivot to a virtual program. We had hoped that 2021 would give us an opportunity to celebrate this cohort in person, but that was not to be.
So we wanted to be sure that the broader OR community is aware of the OR2020/21 Fellows. They are:
- Adetomiwa Basiru, Redeemer’s University, Nigeria
- Kiwanuka Luke Francis, Makerere University Library, Uganda
- Ester Ernest Mnzava, Sokoine University of Agriculture, Tanzania
- Tuelo Ntlotlang, Botswana International University of Science and Technology, Botswana
- Kiflom Michael Kahsay, Research and Documentation Centre, Eritrea
- Djogbenou Sogodo Leon, Media Library of French Institute in Benin, Benin
Congratulations to this group – here’s to meeting in person in 2023 in Stellenbosch!